We are really proud to be a New Zealand run and operated start up. This means we put alot of effort and hard work into sourcing the best and from New Zealand where possible, with premium ingredients blended to milk boosting perfection.
Here's a little look into our ingredients we use in our lactation blends:
Ours are from the South Island, then milled in Dunedin, New Zealand. Oats Incredibly nutritious and the ideal health food, these little grains are loaded with proteins, vitamins, and minerals. They are high in iron, zinc, manganese, and calcium and contain B vitamins to help increase energy, elevate mood and fight off exhaustion, anxiety, and stress. Many lactation consultants recommend oats as part of a healthy nursing mammas diet, being rich in galactogogues. Oats also increase your feeling of fullness due to its high soluble fibre content, ensuring you get enough calories for nursing, and staying full.
A unique nutritious ingredient for breastfeeding mothers, Brewer’s Yeast contains iron, protein and vitamin B. Brewer's yeast is believed to be a powerful galactogogue, used by nursing mothers to help make more breastmilk. It is also believed to assist in combating fatigue and elevating a mamma's mood. Brewer’s yeast for milk supply is usually a popular ingredient in many lactation products on the market thanks to its digestible protein profile, minerals, vitamin B, key amino acids and chromium which supports healthy milk supply for breastfeeding mothers.
Rich in healthy fats called medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs), this is the ingredient that helps you make CREAMY milky goodness! Fun Fact: Breastmilk Fat content is the one thing a mamma can control! Fattier milk means a well fed babe!
Organic Coconut Blossom Nectar:
AKA "gula melaka" in Malay: extracted from the sap of the coconut palm. It contains nutrients like iron, zinc, calcium, and potassium, as well as antioxidants. With a lower glycemic index, you get a more stable release of energy to win💪 at mumhood! We also keep our blends lower in sugar, so that you can control your own sugar intake!
Potent superfood and Galactagogue known for its properties in increasing milk production, and helping to prevent post-natal blues. Also known as the Peruvian ginseng, it has ability to help endometriosis and PCOS!
Organic Moringa Leaf:
One of the world's most nutritious foods, Moringa has been used for yonks in India as an ayurvedic herb due to its reputation as "Tiny leaf, highly nutritious". 3 X more iron than spinach, 3 X more Potassium than Bananas, 7 X Vitamin C than an Orange, the list goes on..
Organic Sacha Inchi:
Another superfood, Found and grown in the Amazonians, Sacha Inchi is a plant protein, full of omega-3 fatty acids similar to flaxseed, highly nutritious and potent in galactagogues. Fun Fact: Ancient Inca's use to take Sacha Inchi to boost supply!
Ginger is well known with a very long history of use in various forms of traditional/alternative medicine. It has been used to help digestion, reduce nausea amongst its many benefits. Recognisible by its spicy aromatic profile, ginger is closely related to turmeric and cardamom. In addition to the long list of health benefits it provides, ginger can promote healing after childbirth, and it's thought to be a promising galactagogue to help stimulate the production of breast milk for breastfeeding mothers in the first few days postpartum.
Not many will know that Black tea is as a galactagogue. Mothers sometimes report that drinking black tea increases their milk production. However, remember that tea is just tea and not a replacement for any energy source!
Our premium whey protein is made and produced in New Zealand. Where does whey come from and what is it? When milk is processed to form cheese or yogurt, the remaining liquid is called whey. This liquid contains the fast-digesting proteins commonly referred to as whey protein. Before processing, about 20% of the protein in milk is whey and the other 80% is made up of the slower-digesting casein proteins. Whey and casein are both considered high-quality proteins because they contain amino acids. However, whey is considered particularly beneficial for increasing the production of new protein in your muscles.
Interestingly enough, the proteins in breast milk are also casein or whey. Breast milk has what we call a dynamic nutrient proﬁle; it changes over time. It can be different from mum to mum, and even varies depending on the time of day. It is generally considered that the protein ratio of breast milk starts off as very whey dominant in the ﬁrst few days, then settles to approximately 40% casein and 60% whey when your mature milk comes in. Then over time the casein content gradually increases so an older baby might be having breast milk that may have a ratio of 50:50, or 60:40 casein to whey. This is why whey protein also is one of the main ingredients in cow milk formula*
Tags: Foods that increase breast milk supply